Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Must Have Craft Room Supplies

One thing about doing crafts is having the right supplies.  We all try and save money, so that our dear husbands don't go through the roof with all the money we can spend on supplies, but sometimes, cheaper or not having it at all takes all the fun out of creating. So I have put together a list of all my favorite must haves!

Scotch Advanced  Tape Glider
I love this adhesive tape.  I got mine at Amazon and love it.  It really goes a long way.  I also love the fact that you can buy replacement rolls at most craft store if you suddenly run out.
They run about $22 on Amazon.







Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive Glue
If I'm going to use a liquid glue I usually need it to set up fast.  I've tried lots and lots of different brands over the years and found this one to actually be the fastest with the best hold.  I do find the top gets stopped up often, so keep a pin or needle on hand. You can find this in any craft store or even on Amazon

Hook & Pick Set 6 Pc  Weeding Tools
I recently found out about these from one of my friends on facebook.  I purchased them to use with vinyl.  Makes weeding very easy. Best part is the quality is fantastic and they are cheap. You can get them at Harbor Freight for only $3.99 + $6.99 Shipping.  I also found a great set of scissors  there to offset the shipping.  Because they charge you a flat rate, look around for some other deals if your ordering online.  They were on sale for only $5.99 for the set.




Fiskars 12 Inch SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
It seemed like I was buying new cutter's all the time.  I never liked any that I had till I got this one. I love this cutter no matter what I'm cutting. I've had this for years now and I just have to place the blades about every 6 months or so. It is what I consider one of the more expensive cutters, but well worth it. You can get it one Amazon for around $35, but watch your for it on sale at any craft stores too.


ScorPal Large Scoring Board
I  got this years ago when I started creating 3-D Card Boxes and cards. It made it so much easier to do the scoring lines I needed.  I also use it to square things off, when doing assembly of the boxes. I don't use it as much any more as I now do most of my scoring on 3-D items in my Silhouette machine, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. They also have a mini one that works well just for cards. This is harder to fine, but Overstock has it now for under $30

Un-Du Adhesive Remover
I get so tired of the sticky labels on the bottom of glasses or anything you buy from the stores.  This easily removed those in about 60 seconds.  Most of the time, if you pour a few drops on the label, let it set for about 30 seconds, it will lift right off. It seems like it is expensive for a 4 oz bottle, but it goes a very long way. You can pick it up at most Loews or even of course order it on Amazon




Carson DeskBrite 200 LED Illuminated 2X Magnifier & Desk Lamp
I don't know what I would do without this.  It is absolutely priceless for weeding small vinyl cutouts.  As everyone knows, the first thing to go is your eyes...but with vinyl it doesn't matter. Especially if your trying to weed white vinyl.  This is not meant to be a full lamp for your desk, only for the item you have under your magnifier. I heard about this from other people who do vinyl all the time and I promise you, you won't be sorry. I got mine at Amazon for under $28.


Mcgill Paper Blossom Tool Kit
I make a lot of my own paper  roses to decorate my 3-D creations. In order to do that, you have to use something to curl and roll your petals.  After trying to use tools in my stash, I found this set that makes your life a lot easier. It is well worth the money.  The set of tweezers that come in the set are priceless for lots of other things too. I don't remember where I got my set, but Amazon does sell the set for under $14.




I hope maybe my list has helped you know what products to add to you craft room "must have" supplies. If you know of any others that we all need to consider having, please share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment